Special Warfare Combatant-Craft Crewmen
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Special Warfare Combatant-Craft Crewmen (SWCC) are specially trained to operate on and around rivers and coastal regions around the world. Wielding extreme firepower and a deadly skill set, SWCC operators support special warfare/special operations missions, as well as conduct direct action and special reconnaissance missions of their own.
As a SWCC, you may very likely:
* Insert and extract SEALs and other Special Operations personnel from a variety of Naval Surface Warfare vessels
* Collect important data about enemy military installations and shipping traffic in coastal areas
* Assist other military and civilian law enforcement agencies
As a SWCC, you will be called upon by your fellow Special Operations counterparts for support anywhere, anytime. You will typically:
* Operate independently among small units or integrate with other U.S. Special Operations forces or within U.S. Navy carrier and expeditionary strike groups to accomplish operational tasks
* Operate and maintain ordnance systems, communications, electronics, small boats and other equipment associated with SWCC and other special operations missions
* Perform direct action raids against enemy shipping and waterborne traffic
* Provide rapid mobility in shallow water areas where larger ships cannot operate
SWCC operators may be deployed anywhere in the world and operate day or night in cold weather, desert, tropical or jungle environments.
TRAINING & ADVANCEMENT
As a SWCC, you will undergo some of the most intense and demanding physical and mental training in the world. While qualifying for SWCC in the Delayed Entry Program is preferred, you may also volunteer any time during your enlistment after completing boot camp and prior to your 31st birthday.
While at RTC, you will take part in a rigorous physical examination and medical screening. Upon review of your entrance medical examinations, further physical screening tests will be given at RTC and at the Naval Special Warfare Center (SWCC School). Get full details on SWCC training.
Promotion opportunities are regularly available but competitive and based on performance. It's also important to note that specialized training received and work experience gained in the course of service can lead to valuable credentialing and occupational opportunities in related fields.
Members of the Naval Special Warfare/Naval Special Operations (NSW/NSO) community have any number of unique opportunities to advance their education. Navy training provides everything from the fundamentals of explosive ordnance disposal, to knowledge of chemical and biological warfare, military tactics, deep-sea diving or a number of other tactical military procedures.
Beyond offering access to professional credentials and certifications, Navy training in the NSW/NSO community can translate to credit hours toward a bachelor's or associate degree through the American Council on Education. You may also continue your education through opportunities like the following:
* Navy College Program and Tuition Assistance
* Post-9/11 GI Bill
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
No college degree is required to become an Enlisted Navy SWCC operator, but the standards of qualification require the kind of mental and physical fortitude that few possess. For those making the cut, immense challenges and constant training are a way of life.
To qualify for SWCC training, you must:
* Meet specific eyesight requirements: 20/40 best eye; 20/70 worst eye; correctable to 20/25 with no color blindness
* Meet the minimum Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) score: AR+VE=103, MC=51
* Be 30 years of age or younger
* Be a U.S. citizen and eligible for security clearance
Visit the Navy SWCC PST Calculator to review the current minimum Navy Physical Screening Test (PST) requirements for Navy Challenge Programs.
General qualifications may vary depending upon whether you're currently serving, whether you've served before or whether you've never served before.
Loading some great jobs for you...