At Schwan's Company, we are driven to bring our customers delicious foods and reliable services. That's how we grew from a \"one-man-and-a-truck\" delivery business in rural Minnesota to a multibillion-dollar private company with thousands of team members nationwide. Our commitment to delicious foods shows in all we do, from careful ingredient selection and quality food making to delivering a great experience wherever you shop and eat.
The foods we make reach customers in many ways. We deliver directly to our customer's homes through our popular food-delivery business, offer well-known retail brands such as Red Baron, Freschetta, and Tony's pizzas, Pagoda snacks and appetizers, and Mrs. Smith's and Edwards desserts, and bring innovative food solutions to our customers in the food-service industry. To learn more, visit us at
As a Service Operations Specialist (a newly implemented position within Schwan's Home Service, Inc.!), you're responsible for covering existing service routes in the absence of a Route Sales Representative. While providing route coverage, you will drive our widely recognized yellow Schwan's truck to service our existing customer base. You will deliver and sell more than 350 different frozen food products to customer's homes or places of business.
In addition to route relief you will provide the Area Manager with leadership support as well as overall service support and recovery activities. You may help train new Route Sales Representatives as needed. With experience, the Service Operations Specialist (SOS) position may develop to other leadership positions within the company.
You will be responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the company mission, values, code of ethics policies, and other standards of conduct.
This position may require overnight travel.
Compensation & Benefits
* Exempt (salaried) compensation
* Up to 40% employee discount on our great food products
* Three medical plans to choose from, as well as vision, dental, and life insurance
* 401K with company match
* Profit sharing plan
Education: High School or equivalent
Years of Related Experience: 3-5 years related experience preferred
* Route experience necessary; must have an exceptional service orientation
* Proven track record driving & executing best in class service
* Aptitude and desire to properly train others
* Ability to operate and maintain company equipment including handhelds and DOT regulated vehicles
* Solid communication and interpersonal skills
* Must meet the Federal Department of Transportation eligibility requirements and possess a valid driver's license (no commercial license needed) and corresponding medical certification as a condition of employment for this position
* Good driving record
We Value Military Members
We thank you for your service! As a strong supporter of our men and women in uniform, we will consider recent military experience in lieu of prior sales or customer service experience. Approximately one in five hires that we make have prior military experience. Learn more about our commitment to Hiring Veterans.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt
Business Unit: Schwan's Home Service, Inc.
Req #: 19002548Apply Now
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.